Dear friends and family,
As many of you know, my new poetry collection, Every Atom, releases today, April 2nd! I want, first of all, to thank you for all the support you’ve already given me in writing these poems, over all the many years it took me to write them. You know the saying, “it takes a village to raise a child.” Well, the same is true about books. Even if you don’t think you helped me write this book, you did, just by being in my life and being nice to me. So, thank you, thank you, thank you for that. (PS If you purchased me a beer at some point when I was in despair, you get an extra thank you!)
You all know how hard it is to get the world to pay attention to a book, particularly poetry, and particularly if it’s published by an independent press. Some of you have asked how else you might help spread the word. Thank you. Here’s a list of some very concrete ways you can do that:
- Order the book now via your favorite bookseller (support indies!). When you do, tell the bookseller about the book. This can help raise awareness and interest. If you don’t live near an independent bookstore, Every Atom is available online at IndieBound and Amazon.
- If you’re on social media, post a link to my website (www.erincoughlinhollowell.com), where people can read all about the book and order it themselves.
- If you’re in a book club or know people who are, please recommend the book. I love meeting with book clubs, either via Skype or in person. I will soon have discussion questions posted on my website just for book clubs.
- Review it on Amazon, B&N, and Goodreads. People pay a lot of attention to customer reviews, and the more reviews you get on Amazon, the more likely Amazon is to recommend it to other customers.
- If you know journalists, radio or TV broadcasters, or bloggers, please tell them about the book. I’m very happy to guest blog or to do interviews, online, in print, or on radio or TV.
- Do you work for a writing conference, campus reading series, literary nonprofit? I love to teach, and I am willing to travel to read for students and communities of all sizes.
- Are you a college professor or instructor of creative writing or literature? Consider adopting the book for one of your courses. I can send you discussion questions specifically written for your classes.
- Finally, good old-fashioned word of mouth remains the absolute best way to sell books. So if you like the book, please tell five reader-friends. Heck, make it ten.
Once again, thank you so much for your love, friendship, and support. I couldn’t have written this book without you. I’m lucky to have each of you in my life. And I sincerely hope you enjoy Every Atom! Let me know what you think when you do (unless you hate it . . . then maybe keep that to yourself…. PS. You won’t hate it.)
Love and gratitude,